Biography for Anne Scwegmann-Fielding (tbc)
Anne is Passionate about the transformation of old into new, Anne gives unwanted objects a second skin by process of adornment. She creates unique sculptures, panels and installations using predominantly recycled and waste materials. Artefacts donated by clients are often incorporated into the works.
- Google. Channel 4, Kirstie's Homemade Home.
- Barratt Homes. BBC2 Fantasty Rooms. Colchester Zoo
- Broomfield, Harwich & Colchester Hospitals. HSBC
- Writtle College. Critall Windows. Gardens of Easton Lodge
- Arts Reverie, India. European Commission.
- London Garden Show. Kent History & Library Centre
- Kunstsymposium, Thuringen, White Box, New York.
Anne's inspiration is drawn from sources ranging from Outsider artists like Nek Chand, to sacrificial daggers of the Aztecs through to beachcombing. Decoration and transformation of the mundane are Anne's passion. Her studio is full of cup handles, buttons, indian bangles, shattered glass and crockery, her favourite ceramics being the late 60's early 70's Staffordshire pottery of Wilke and Meakin. Each project brings fresh materials and the opportunity to cut up something new.
“It's beautiful... possibly the most beautiful mosaic I've ever seen"
KIRSTIE ALLSOPP - CHANNEL 4'S KIRSTIE'S HOMEMADE HOME COMMENTING ON THE BENCH CREATED BY AYLESBURY COUPLE GABI AND LUKE WITH ANNE.